Channeling My Inner Femme Fatale.


Oh for years now red lipstick has been out. In fact, I don't think I've worn it since I was 14 years old. (That was 15 years ago!) Well, red lipstick is going to be all the rage this fall/winter... And I wanted to make sure I could properly pull the look off.

I've been intimidated by most make-up for about 10 years now. Eyeliner, mascara and lipstick have been the big intimidators for me. I've always preferred to look like I'm not wearing any make-up with a natural look. So I've stuck with light shades and a neutral lipstick. But with the Neiman Marcus "Beauty Event" currently going on, I decided to take advantage of the make-up counter girls and their "commission-only" salary and get some red lipstick.

Friday, during my lunch hour, I wandered across the street to the Neiman Marcus at Copley. The place was hoppin' with others on their lunch breaks looking for new make-up. (In fact, as a side note, I ran into a fella I work with who was there looking for a birthday gift for his wife. It was quite humorous, as he looked like a lost puppy in a crowd.) I walked up to the Chanel counter and got one of the consultants working on me right away.

"I need red lipstick," I said.

"Oh you'd look beautiful with red lipstick," she said. "You have the perfect complexion for it! Dark hair and pale skin."

I hate it when sales people lay it on thick.

Anyhow... I let her try a few red shades on me. One has a little more power to it. The other has a softer feel. Both look good; and I'm quite happy with them.

I also managed to have her sucker me into getting some eyeliner and mascara as well. And I also bought some Jo Malone "Honeysuckle and Jasmine" perfume. So I definitely had enough to get the free gift.

And the free gift was awesome. I'm looking forward to busting out with my femme fatale look of soft, dark hair; dark eyes and red lips.

Comments

Popular Posts