Chilly Fall Is Here.

Oh my!

Woke up this morning, put my feet on the hardwood floor and quickly recoiled back into the warmth of the sheets in bed... I was bitten by the chill!

Fall officially arrived a little over a week ago. But we're now in that awkward phase of the season where when we leave the house first thing in the morning, we need a coat. But by the time we head home from work in the late afternoon/early evening (if we're lucky to have just an 8 hour work day) it's too warm to wear it.

This is the time of year where you wish the weather would turn one way or the other... Especially if you walk to work, or commute via public transportation. It should either be warm all day or stay chilly all day.

But, on the bright side, the leaves will be turning soon enough. And this is a good time to head to apple and pumpkin farms on the weekends to do some picking.

When I did finally get out of bed and face the chill, I headed out the door to the Starbucks. To celebrate the fall season, I had them flavor my coffee with a shot of pumpkin syrup. That helped ease the chill.



Hmm... Fall.

Comments

Ms. Malnick said…
Yes, brrr indeed. I lamented the same things and even rearranged my closet this weekend. Sigh. Funny, perhaps ironic?, that you should plug Starbucks, because there's a framed page of this blog at South End Buttery, which is how I came across your site. As for real estate, it's all relative. $529k is still outrageous for a 1-bedroom condo, but it's an improvement. Thanks for blogging, though. It's fun to read.
Me said…
I know! I'm evil! The Starbucks was closer... Which is why I went there, rather than skipping over to the Buttery. But the Buttery is number one i nmy book... Make no mistake.
Anonymous said…
Wait - Buttery has a framed print out of your blog and you never told me...wtf?!?! Plus, my brother who owns a bakery doesn't have a framed version of mine - so sad...haha!

I just posted about Starbucks too - maple time!
Ms. Malnick said…
Yeah, in the corner, by the papers, sign-in book, etc., your mention of the Buttery is in a little frame. I saw it was another snarky Boston-area blog, so I wrote it down, checked it out, and here I am.

And I make no mistake, honest.
Anonymous said…
Fall is also a great time to start thinking about buying new jeans too! I hope you got linked up with our recent $20 gift certificate offer. If you missed it, I happen to have an extra one at the store that I can mark: "For the Missus". Just let me know, I'd be happy to accommodate.

Still loving the blog and beyond flattered to be considered on your Boston Best List. Be well!!
--Leah

Popular Posts