Mrs. America.

In high school, I was a cheerleader. I was spent many early mornings (6am practices people!) dancing, sweating, chanting and stunting with a group of sweet girls. (Most of them anyway. There was the occasional meanie.)

Anyhow, I didn't really keep in touch with most of them after high school. One I did keep in touch with was my friend Diane. We went to the same University. But during college (around junior year) our lives started to go in separate directions.

Earlier this year I caught up with Diane over email, and she told me that she would be competing in the Mrs. America pageant as the Mrs. Arizona delegate. I though, "This is awesome!" Diane began competing in pageants in college and was just a natural at them. She's very graceful, well-poised and has been a dancer most of her life. Plus, she was a very genuine person. That's a stellar combination that anyone who tries to compete with it doesn't stand a chance.

Well, I'm working awya this morning and I get an email from my mom telling me that she heard on the radio (in Arizona) that Diane had won the pageant last night. This means Diane is Mrs. America!

How awesome is that!!!! We come from a very small town in Arizona. Good for Diane! So proud of her!

Way to go Diane!

Comments

Popular Posts