How To Walk In High Heels - More Advice.

A few months back I posted some tips I found on how to walk in high heels. The tips were a "hodge-podge" pulled from the web, because surprisingly, there was really no content out there on the Internet about this topic. So I had to craft some.

Well, I picked up the latest issue of InStyle magazine yesterday.

And As I was flipping through it, on page 372 I came across tips on how to walk in high heels without killing yourself or your shoes! (It's about time someone put together a true "how-to!")

The tips include:

1. Posture: Tighten your core to keep your balance and alleviate some of the pressure you put on your feet when you walk.

2. Steps: Take short steps, while going down on both the ball and heel of the foot evenly. (Don't do the whole "heel-to-toe" bit.)

3. Weight: No. You don't have to drop 20 pounds to keep from snapping a stilletto! This refers to distributing your weight evenly onto the ball of the foot in front. You should spread your toes slightly as you roll to the ball of the foot.

4. Hips: You're in high heels... So channel you inner vixen and let you hips swing in "figure-eight" motions as you walk. Don't stiffen up to keep your balance!

Comments

CMad said…
My dear Missus -

Walked by Neiman Marcus enroute to work... sign on the window reminded me of you:

Manolo Blahnik
Personal Appearance
October 3, 2006


What other good reasons are there to visit San Francisco? I can name 30, but that's not really the point :-)

Popular Posts