I Miss My Island.

So...

I used to work on an island. (Talking figuratively here, people.)



It was a lovely island. I did my own thing. No one bothered me. Eventually, I got a chance to invite people on my island with me to work. And they were awesome people. And we built a great product on this island.

Then... Someone decided to make my island into a peninsula.



And I decided to go "with the flow" and let them. And I'm not sorry I let them... Because doing so allowed me to learn more about my industry.

But I am seriously missing being on my island right now. I just wanted to write about it.

Comments

Sarah said…
Nicely put. I definitely feel your pain.
Anonymous said…
i miss our island too...i miss it alot ...tear
Anonymous said…
Efff that Missus! You know what you need to do now, right? Sorry to bring this up again, but it’s time to go Pirate Crazy on their asses. Luckily I have just the plan for you and your crew.

First – buy some Pirate Galleons to patrol the shores of SEO Island. Yes, they are expensive, but it will keep the marauding hordes of the Paid infidels away from your paradise. Load those ships up with some big ass cannons and you should be protected.

Second – build a gate at the choke point on the peninsula from SEO Island to Paid Land (btw I would name that Engagement Point). Hire Andre the Giant to patrol the gate and there will be no way anyone can cross over by land.

Third – develop a spreadsheet that tracks cost of protecting SEO Island versus amount of Paid infidels you have kept away. Get down with some pivot tables and then deep dive the metrics – depending on what you find, you could very well become a rock star.

So my dear friend – that is my plan and trust me…..I know it will work.

Brevitt!

Popular Posts