I Can't Shop At Banana Republic Anymore.

I have come to the conclusion that I can not shop at Banana Republic anymore.

Why?

Well, everytime I find something super cute there that I fall in love with, someone else I work with inevitably has bought the same exact thing. And we end up wearing it on the same day.

For instance, a while back, I was at work. And one of the gals on my team was wearing the same exact top from Banana Republic as myself. It was even in the same exact color. And even though I looked slightly better in it (she didn't have any boobs, and to be honest, you needed some to fill out the top), I hated showing up looking like a "twin" to someone else.

I'm not seven years old. It's not cool to dress alike anymore.

And as I ducked into the Copley mall to get out of the horrible weather on my way home, I noticed that some of the Spring season pieces are now in at Banana Republic. But I know that if I buy something, someone else I work with will probably buy one of the pieces I do.

And to be honest, Banana Republic's quality of clothing has begun to "lag" a litte bit as of late. Things fall apart to quickly. Cute designs. Lacking quality. (Especially their cashmere sweaters. Those things snag WAY too easy.)

The only safe things to buy there are dress pants (which they will hem for free for you) and t-shirts. So basically, wardrobe "staples." Any of the "style" pieces and prints, you should just skip.

Otherwise, you'll just end up looking like everyone else.

It's safer to shop at the Gap or Old Navy. Less chance if people having shopped there for work wear.

Comments

Popular Posts