MSN Has Come To This???

How sad.

Now, those of us who work in search have known the pleasure of dealing with MSN. We know that they are desperately trying to hire search people; because, frankly, their service is "lacking" when it comes to running paid search with them.

But I am a little disturbed by their latest recruiting tactics. (For the record, in the past two years, they have pitched me at least five times via email.) This morning though, I experienced their "crowning glory" in recruitment.

I received the following email in my inbox...

Good Morning Helina, (For the record, NOT my name. Strike one against them.)
I recently came across your information while conducting a talent search for the MSN Organization at Microsoft. Your background looks intriguing, and I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience and career goals. We are currently seeking talented professionals to join our team in various Search Engine Marketing positions (New York, Seattle & Chicago).All positions are full-time, direct hire positions, and relocation assistance is provided.

If you would like to learn more about the many opportunities we have within Microsoft, may I request the following information from you?
1. A copy of your resume in Word format
2. A completed questionnaire (attached) which should take approximately five minutes to complete.


I’ll review your information upon receipt, and if your experience/goals are aligned with current needs, I’ll contact you to gather some more information about your background and interests.

A completed questionnaire (attached) which should take approximately five minutes to complete.

I’ll review your information upon receipt, and if your experience/goals are aligned with current needs, I’ll contact you to gather some more information about your background and interests.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to explore career opportunities with us. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks & Regards

Romil Bangha
Kenexa®
HIRING & RETENTION
Outsourcing Employee Research Software
650 East Swedesford Drive, Wayne, PA, 19087
Direct:610-971-8958
Fax: 610-971-9181
www.kenexa.com

Seriously, MSN, you've outsourced recruiting legitimate search talent to a foreign country? At this rate, you will NEVER have the proper staffing to meet yours and your customers' (like me) needs.

You suck MSN. Best of luck to you.

UPDATE TO THIS POSTING...

Everyone who knows me personally knows I hate talking on the phone and that I never pick up. (Sorry guys!) Well, I let my cell go to voicemail this morning... And on it was a message from the person who sent me this email.

Come the EFF on MSN! I don't want to work for you! No one in search does. Not unless you are willing to gives us $$$$$$, we do not want towork for you. Please don't call me. Only the search marketing"hacks" I know have gone to you. That means people who really don't know what they're doing.

And that is not me. And it's not a lot of people I know either.

Comments

Sarah said…
although there are MANY glaring problems with this email - i love that they said your background is a good fit then asked for your resume. i love msn. hahaha. idiots.
'omie said…
How do you know he/she was from a foreign country?
Me said…
By the "exotic" area code noted on the cell phone. I erased it though, so I don't have it. Trying tofigure out if I have it stored somewhere.
Plus, it was pretty pbvious that English was not this person's first language... Both by the emails and the voicemails.
Chris Wight said…
Her sig says Pennsylvania...

Anyhoo, that's the same woman who tried to recruit me. Phone, email, follow up call. She wouldn't take no for an answer.
Me said…
Yeah... I think her signature is the American location of the recruiting firm MSN hired... Which then outsourced it overseas.

She can "go blow." I am "spoken for."

Popular Posts