Shopping Ninja.

My husband and I decided to spend the day together doing things. Normally, we each go off an do our own things during the day on Saturdays. Then we meet up late afternoon to prepare for dinner or whatever else we have planned for the evening.

But today was different.

We spent the morning lounging and tidy-ing the apartment up a bit. Then we headed out to the Prudential Center/Copley to do some shopping.

Now, I don't typically take my husband shopping with me. I know that he finds it boring. And really, he's just going to hold me up from whatever is on my agenda. He never wants to go to as many shops as I want to. And he could really do without having to be one of those guys who sits around in random arm chairs speckled throughout the shops with the sole purpose of supporting men who are forced to go shopping with their female significant others.

Plus, I make my own money. So I don't need him to accompany me to buy the things I want for myself.

Anyway... Today's shopping trip was more just for fun. To browse. We wanted to see if there were any duvet covers anywhere that we might like. (Tip for y'all... A white bedspread may seem like a cool and sophisticated idea... But unless you are obsessively clean, I would advise against it. They dirty way to easy.)

Well, while we were out, my husband realized that his dress shoes for work (which he has owned for nearly five years now) really needed to be replaced. So while out, we hit the Johnston and Murphy shop (which is where he buys the same shoes every few years) to search for a new pair.

He found the pair that he likes and already has. He tried them on. He decided he wanted to get them. All while I sat in a comfy chair next to him looking utterly bored. (I mean, come on now... Men's dress shoes? They only come in brown or black. What's fun about that?)

The salesman put the shoes back in the box and took them up the register to ring them up. But before my husband had a chance to get his street shoes on and pay, I was at the register with my credit card in already out.

The salesman swiped the card and commented, "Wow! You don't see many ladies buying shoes for the guys. Usually it's the other way around."

I told him they were a gift for Valentine's Day for him. That's when my husband got up to the register and said, "You already paid?"

It was a nice surprise for him. And I know he really likes the shoes.

Later in the day, he mentioned that I had the "shopping skills of a ninja."

"You summoned your credit card out of your wallet so quickly and handed it to the guy... It barely took effort. I didn't even notice. You move with the skill of the ninja!" he exclaimed.

I did confess to him that I do a lot more shopping then he does; so, naturally, the "pulling out the credit card and handing it to a salesperson" skill is something I have mastered.

He agreed.

Comments

Popular Posts