This Place Clears Out.

When I was interviewing for this job, my boss told me that the office clears out not too late.

That was music to my ears because I am so O-V-E-R the long and ridiculous hours. (Including time spent working at home.)

And when I first started this job, the office manager offered me one of the keys to lock up the place if I am ever working late and the last one to leave.

"No thanks!" I told him. "I won't ever be the last one to leave."

Boy was I wrong.

The other night, I decided to stick around till 6pm so that I could go straight from here to my acupuncture appointment. At about 5:45pm, one of my co-workers waved "good-night" to me. I had my headphones on, took them off and said "Good-night."

Then I got up to go to the bathroom and realized I was the last person in the office.

Uh-oh!

It was only 5:45pm!!!!!

WTF?

I momentarily started to freak out. But then realized I could check with the security guard downstairs to see if he had a key to lock up. Sure enough, he did. And he even offered to lock up for me.

This is such a nice change from what I am used to at the last company I worked at where I was busy. I am equally busy here. But what I am doing only affects me. I don't have a whole slew of clients to work on, so I can call it a "night" whenever I want here.

So moving in house to do search equalled the following:

Better hours + MUCH better pay = Work-life balance.

Who knew there was such a thing?

Comments

Popular Posts