Valentine's Day?

Before I got married, there were things I didn't do.
  • I didn't wear my hair wavy. (As it is naturally. My husband never knew I had wavy hair until I stopped straightening it after I got married.)
  • I didn't like sports. (I pretended I did like them so my husband thought I was "down." Sucker!)
  • Buy fancy bags. (I didn't strike up a taste for them till about four months after marriage. But it became more of a function of me finally earning more money in my career.)
  • Snore in my sleep. (But the husband says it's "cute.")
One thing I also didn't do before marriage was celebrate Valentine's Day. As long as I have been an "adult," I didn't celebrate Valentine's Day. Didn't care for it. Thought it was a B.S. day for your boyfriend/significant other to try to make-up for all the crap they had done to you any other day of your relationship by buying you cheap red roses (which I LOATHE - red carnations with no baby's breath are preferred) from the corner boedga and taking you out for a crappy pseudo-romantic dinner at the local Chili's.

In my mind, the perfect Valentine's Day would consist of the following:
  • Red or Pink Carnations, with no baby's breath or any other "filler."
  • Lunch from Taco Bell. (A steak soft taco and two crunchy tacos with "Fire" sauce please!)
  • An afternoon of having the apartment all to myself to do "girly" things. (Like paint my toe nails, take a bubble bath, eating Hershey's kisses and Cool Ranch Doritos and watch a movie with violence - which my husband does not like.)
  • Taken out to dinner at Stella for some pasta bolgonese.
  • Stop off at Starbucks (cuz South End Buttery closes so damn early) for capuccino to bring home.
Why all this talk about Valentine's Day?

Well, the husband asked me tonight what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day and if what I wanted as a gift.

Dilemma. I have no idea. It's like Christmas all over again. I have everything I need. There isn't anything I really want. Though, we could use a new duvet cover. But I've been trying to find one I like for what seems like ages, and I have not been successful.

So I guess the wish list I wrote above would be what I want the most. I guess it's more about the experiences over the material things.

And yes, Taco Bell is an experience... Not a "material thing."

Comments

Popular Posts