The Winners.

Watching the Academy Awards "here and there" this evening... Meaning I have two TVs on in rooms next to each others and I am leaning a little to the right to catch the "action" on in the other room from the awards as it happens.

I absolutely refuse to watch the show straight through, as it bores me to tears. So I am watching "My Fair Lady" (which I have never seen) instead.

But I was able to catch some of the Red Carpet pre-show... And I have my selection of "winners."

I have to say, there were quite a few pretty gowns this year. Last year had a lot of "crap" on the carpet. But this year was loaded with stunning pieces. Including...


All hail the Queen!

Helen Mirren is beautiful and gorgeous. I hope to mad hell I look this fantastic when I am in my 50s. She is so posh, but down to Earth at the same time. I adore her.



The perfect color for her, Penelope Cruz is stunning in this dress. The feathers on the skirt and train... It's so feminine without overdoing it. It's so beautiful.


And the winner....


Far above the rest... Reese Witherspoon is no longer just the Southern flower she has been during her Hollywood career. She was always "the nice" girl with her fashion. But tonight she turned into the magnificent and sexy, bright-shiny star she is. I LOVED this dress. She is "hands down" the Red Carpet Winner. A total vixen in the cut and color.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Penelope's dress has feathers and yet you say that's not overdoing it? Seriously?

You are correct, however, about Reese!
Me said…
I completely understand if you're an animal rights activist you may not like the idea of someone using some part of an animal on their gown... But I think the feathers blend so seemlessly with the dress. It's just glamourous.
Sarah said…
I agree with your picks, completely.

Helen - WOW.

The feathers were a little much on Penelope's dress for me but she still looked stunning.

The only thing I don't like about Reece is HOW SKINNY she has become! She's a gorgeous woman but she needs a little more weight on her. That's overall, though. Tonight she looks amazing.
Me said…
Well... She is going through a divorce... So I understand why she is so skinny. But yes, she is too skinny and needs to pack it back on a little.

Popular Posts