Vacation Policy.

Because HR for my company is based in London, I didn't have my "formal" HR introduction until today.

In the intro, the typical things were discussed...
  • Work Hours
  • Sick Leave Policy
  • Health Benefits
  • Review Policy
  • Travel Policy
and....

VACATION POLICY!

And I tell you, this place certainly is NOT like your typical American company!

According to the company's Vacation Policy, you are not allowed to carry over any of the 22 vacation days you get to the next year.

Nope.

They told me, "According to new research here in the U.K., it is found that employees benefit from taking vacation. So we require that you take all 22 days you are allowed. There is no 'rolling over.'"

SWEET!

Unlike companies I've worked for in the past, you are ENCOURAGED to take time off. And they take steps to make sure you do.

Nice!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice to see there are companies out there who see the value and wisdom in not burning out their employees.
Me said…
LOL! True! Though, this is a U.K. based company. European companies tend to see the value in this type of thing more than the American companies.
'omie said…
I rather enjoy having the option to carry over. If I have to plan a vacate the subsequent year and need the extra days, your policy would make it tough.
Me said…
Not me! Again... I get 22 days of vacation a year. That's about a month. I would much rather take the time and go on fabulous vacations each year.

Popular Posts