Bag Ottomans & Table Hooks.

Last night, The Husband took me to dinner at a restaurant in our neighborhood.

It was okay... The service was decent. The food, passable. The prices, absurd for the quality. But I did see one thing that pleased me...


Bag ottomans at every table!

Very chic and thoughtful! I hate having to put my bag on the floor or hang it off my chair back, where it can easily be pick-pocketed. But this is the only establishment I have ever come across that has had these. So unless I want to eat sub-par food at high prices, I won't be dining at places that offer these.

But I have now discovered something amazing to help me with my dilemma.

Last weekend, while in NYC, my travel writer friend introduced me to something I had never seen before...


Table hooks!

It's a little contraption you store in your purse, and it unfolds and creates a stable hook on a table to hang your bag.

GENIUS!

Apparently, these have been around for a while. However, I hadn't known about them. It took my friend to introduce them to me. Normally, it is I who introduces her to fashion-y things. But this time, she hooked me up.

Literally.

Comments

Marzz said…
Missus, which TO restaurant has bag ottomans?

And those purse hooks have been around and are now seemingly available everywhere. Saw one just like yours at Winners for $6.99!
Me said…
The restaurant was ONE, in the Hazelton Hotel. And the hooks... I know! My travel writer friend was shocked I had never seen one before.
Jessica (Bayjb) said…
I have NEVER seen bag ottomans at a restaurant. I LOVE IT. I went to a restaurant that had purse hooks for women and I thought it was a great idea too. I hate putting mine on the floor as well.
Mary said…
I know this is slightly off topic, but I looove your yellow shoe in the photo. Is that from JCrew?
Me said…
LOL! Yes! Mary, it is from J. Crew. Spring 2008, I believe.

Popular Posts