Birkin Bag: No More Wait Lists?

I will admit it. If I had the spare $10k lying around, I would want a Birkin bag.

I used to think I wasn't sophisticated enough to carry one... You usually see them dangling from anorexic arm of well-dressed and polished (and famished!) women. So the way I used to think, Birkin's were for women with the following attributes:
  • Super skinny
  • Super rich
  • Super severely polished
  • Super connected, in order to avoid the multi-year wait list
But I was wrong in my assumption that it was for sophist-ies... Because the reality is, it was a bag designed for a bohemian.


Love Jane Birkin. And I love the bag that was designed for her, with the intention of carrying all the crap around that she needed to take with her. (I can relate to that!)

And it looks like I am wrong in my assumption that their is an obscenely long wait list for the bag. According to the Huffington Post, the wait list no longer exists.

So now... I no longer have the following standing between me and a Birkin:
  • The idea that I am not cultivating the right personal style in which to carry one
  • The long wait list I would have to sit on in order to get one
The $10k, though? Yep. That is still between me and a Birkin.

Comments

Jessica (Bayjb) said…
Well now that i know I can just have a Birkin w/o the wait list, I can stop holding on to that $10k check that's been burning a hole in my pocket. Good to know!
Me said…
Dude... Pass it my way. I'll put out the fire for you! Like antibiotics on an STD!
Unknown said…
My friend wrote a book called "bringing home the birkin" and the gig is...there never was a wait list

http://www.bringinghomethebirkin.com/
Me said…
Oh yes. I read it two years ago. Excellent read! http://oncommonground.blogspot.com/2008/05/bringing-home-birkin-book-review.html
I still want one. Bad, I've always considered them the ultimate accessory, and I consider myself to be pretty boho. Right now it's my lifestyle that would get in the way. I think this would be the perfect 40th birthday present. That's 9 years to save 10 grand.... totally doable!

Popular Posts