"...Weight Of The World On Your Shoulders."

Struggled in Bikram class last night.

My body has decided that because I am no longer going every day... Instead, putting a few days between classes... It no longer wants to cooperate with the mind.

BODY: "Bitch, please! You expect me to put up with this heat and suck in the abs after a few days off? Hellz no!"

MIND: "Thank you, body. You're an asshole sometimes."

Once we hit the floor series in class, and we were laying Savasana, the teacher came up to me and shifted my shoulders on the ground. I thought maybe my alignment was sloppy.

"You're carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders here," she said. And it was true.

It was a long week at work. And I carried a lot from this week into my practices on Monday and Friday. I am hitting the noon class today though. Hopefully the proper night's rest I got, along with exhaustion from last night's class, will make for a better class today.

Comments

Allie said…
I can get so frustrating when you can't get your body to do what you know it can do, and feel good while doing it when it usually does. I am always amazed by that. Some days, I can lift weights and they feel like nothing, but if I'm stressed out, the very same weight will feel 10 times heavier two days later.
Natalie said…
I am going through the same thing. And then it compounds into not even wanting to go anymore. But we can do it!

Popular Posts