"Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of..."

I will be spending this weekend in New York City.

You may not know this... But NYC is my true love. Sure, I love my husband (Human) more than any thing else in this universe... But without NYC, The Husband would not have come to be in my life.

So it goes:

God
|
|
NYC
|
|
Human (my husband)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Bikram Yoga/Alexander McQueen/Taco Bell

I am going to the "Concrete Jungle" for the weekend to celebrate my 33rd birthday with my travel writer friend.

Yes, I turn 33 on Monday.

I find it magical that 10 years ago I also spent my 23rd b-day in NYC. And it was a huge turning point in my life. I went away for a week to celebrate my b-day by visiting a college friend who had moved there... And five days later I came back with a job and an apartment in Brooklyn. Three weeks later, I packed my belongings up into chest and a suitcase, and left my life in Arizona.

That trip was the best decision I ever made. Choosing to do something so many people told me not to do, because it involved a lot on unknowns, was a big gamble. But it paid off a million times over in life experiences. As a Bikram teacher told me this week...

"Life begins outside your comfort zone."

I moved away from my true love, NYC, when The Husband proposed and moved me away to another city. But I only agreed to move if he promised I could go back and visit any time I wanted.

So this weekend I will be staying in a fun hotel on the East side. And I will be doing girlie things with my best bud... Like shopping, mani/pedis, drinking wine, gossiping, plotting domination of the interactive world...

Oh, and I will also be doing a Bikram yoga class while I am there. In fact, I will be wrapping up the Bikram 101 challenge in NYC.

I can't wait! It will be a quick trip... But an amazing one.

Comments

britt said…
oh good times, I like that quote, have fun!
Let me know if you hear what the latest hot neighborhood in Brooklyn is. I need a two-bed for September 1. :-) Sars and I told the rest of the family over Easter, so it's official now!
Heidi said…
love that quote.

Have much fun and happy birthday to us!!! :)
Me said…
Thanks Heidi!!!! April 12th b-days! Woohoo!!!


Kate.. Fort Greene.
Hope you girls have a blast! Happy early Birthday!

Popular Posts