iPad: "Beep. Boop. Beep. Boop. Beep. Boop. Beep."

I bought an iPad this weekend in NYC.


I had to. Because (and I can not stress this enough)...

"Apple owns my soul."

I walked into the Apple store in NYC, having never even touched an iPad before... And five minutes later, I walked out of the store with a 32-gig version, and "grip" cover and a case.

I like giving inanimate objects their own sound effects. And because this is a serious piece of wonderful and unnesscessary technology, I like to make it sound really "high tech" by saying, "Beep. Boop. Beep. Boop. Beep. Boop. Beep." whenever I press something on it.

I know some people don't understand the iPad. "Why would you need one?" And this is a fair question. I already own two Macbooks, an iPod Nano, iPod Touch and iPhone... Why could I possibly need this?

Well, because I want it. Oh, and because of the following reasons:

  • It is easier to travel with... Very light in my purse. I most likely don't ever travel with my Mac anymore. I'll just take this.
  • Watching movies on it kicks ass. I watched a 90-minute film yesterday while waiting for my flight. It looked beautiful!
  • The battery life does live up to the hype. Said 90-minute film only had up 7% of the battery's juice. Had I watched the same film on my Mac, I would have about 20% of the battery left.
  • Books. I haven't downloaded any yet... But I intend to. And I don't already have a Kindle. So this serves an amazing purpose... As I like to read A LOT.
  • I often kick around on my iPhone in the evenings at home... Shredding through the battery juice. This thing is easy and portable, and so I prefer using it while watching TV or laying in bed.

  • I am sure I will have more wonderful things to say about it in the coming weeks. But so far, I am loving it.

    Comments

    Jenn said…
    You make me want to buy one! I wish I could get one before I leave for St. Louis on Sunday. Hm... I wonder if any Apple stores have them in stock here...
    I still can't figure out when I would ever use that thing, but I have to admit it is super, super, super sexy!
    Laura said…
    I don't 'get' the iPad, either. But I also thought the iPhone was kind of stupid when I first heard about it and now I deeply believe that mine rules the world. Give me a year or two, and I'm sure I'll own an iPad. Plus a new iMac, one of their spoovy wireless base stations, and a shuffle for the gym. At the very least.
    Me said…
    Yum... The iPad is definitely not for you... If you already have a Kindle.

    I like this because of its ease. Instead of booting up my laptop while watching TV, or using my iPhone while watching it (and run up the battery), I just flip this on and get to tweeting and reading.

    Plus, if you like to travel a lot (like I do) this is so much easier to walk around with that the laptop. Starbucks, airplanes, cars, boats... Wherever you are going and wherever you are, it's just easier.
    Marzz said…
    I didn't get a kindle, so I must get an Ipad for my 50th birthday (next March)! that, or a Balenciaga handbag...

    hmmm, I know you're the lucky owner of both, Missus... but if you could have ONLY one, what would you? the Ipad or the Balenciaga Giant City?
    Allie said…
    J had one from work at home last week and I can TOTALLY see the appeal and where it fits in the gadget chain. I think I'll probably want one eventual - if I travel more, perhaps. Or to keep my computer for work stuff only . . . but I can't justify it right now. Even though I kind of want to . . . :)

    Popular Posts