"Arrrgh! Time to Swab thy Nails."

That's my impression of a pirate saying they need to paint their nails or (in my case - because I don't paint my nails) toe nails.

One of the quirky things about me is that I have to have my toe nails painted at all times. Now that may not seem like a quirky thing, but the quirky element to me is that I will ONLY paint my toe nails various shades of red or vamp. No pinks. No watermelons. No corals. No blacks or blues.

To get even quirkier, I have three specific brands/shades of nail colors that I will only wear. When I go to have a pedicure at a spa, I bring my nail colors with me in case they don't have one of the three I will wear. These three include:

Chanel's "Pirate" (my favorite!)

Chanel's "Vamp" (a 1990s classic)

OPI's "I'm Not Really a Waitress" (another classic)

I personally believe that once you hit the age of 24 or 25, toe nails should only be painted various shades of red or burgundy and that finger nails should always be the color of a ballet slipper or cotton candy (pink). When you're younger, it's okay to have funky colors. But once you hit your mid-20s, nails should look professional but sexy.

That's just what I believe. That's how I roll.

Comments

Popular Posts