The lamest song ever.

All through college and my early 20s I was a liar, in a way.

Whenever my girl friends and I would plan "hen-nights" we would inevitably end up watching "Dirty Dancing." And I have always hated that movie with a passion. Always. My mom loved that movie. My sister likes that movie. All of my friends growing up loved it. (I think even my dad enjoyed watching it!)

The movie never struck a cord with me. Couldn't stand it. But I always had to pretend I did like it. But truth is, it bored me to tears. I've never been attracted to a "bad boy" like Johnny. And I never wanted to be Baby and have some guy come and rescue me from my life of mundane activities. (I'd rather rescue myself.)

Well, here I am at work, enjoying illegally streaming radio while at work... And on the radio comes "She's Like the Wind"... a song from the movie. A song that was sung by Patrick Swayze. And because I've never liked the movie, I've never bothered to listen to the song in its entirety or pay attention to the words. But because I was forced to listen to it on the radio, I relized what a lame song it really is.

First it's sung by Patrick Swayze... That is lame enough. But the words... They make the song even worse than it is. Check it out:

She's like the wind through my tree
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league

Just a fool to believe I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

[SOLO]
I look in the mirror and all I see
Is a young old man with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself
That she'll stop the pain
Living without her
I'd go insane
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league

Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

Feel your breath on my face
Your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes
You're out of my league

Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind
(Just a fool to believe)
Just a fool to believe
(She's like the wind)
Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind
(Just a fool to believe)
Just a fool to believe
She's like the wind
(Just a fool...)
(She's like the wind)
(She's like the wind)
(Just a fool...)
(She's like the wind)
(Just a fool...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I only like the movie for the dancing. I never said that I loved the music.
Me said…
If you say you like the movie, period, I assume you like the whole thing... Music, acting, choreography... The whole package.
Anonymous said…
hey there I love your blog! I saw your post on jolie in the city. Don't feel bad! I hate hate hate "She's like the wind" and feel bad for hating the movie but never ever enjoyed a single time I watched it. Its a sleepover staple though and every girl I ever slept over with just had to watch it.

Popular Posts