The view from the outside, 70 stories up.

I work in the tallest building in Boston. The company I work for isn't too high up, only a third of the way. The building has about 70 floors. The outside of it is made up of reflective glass. And until today, I've never really given much thought to how it gets cleaned.

A little while ago I was sitting at my desk, which faces the windows on my floor. I have a view of the Charles River and Downtown Boston. All of the sudden (on a bright day like today) I hear a loud thumping on the window. I look out and I pretty much face-to-face with five guys on a window cleaning contraption. The contraption is like a long iron box, and they are all safety-strapped in. I never knew this building actually got cleaned this way. It's crazy! Like I said, my floor is on the bottom third of the building. This means they have to trolly up 50 floors.

That is a crazy (and scary) job to have.

Comments

Popular Posts