Fashion, Fashion Everywhere.

Three years ago when I moved to Boston, I certainly didn't get a strong fashion vibe the city. Sure, Bostonians do have a style... It just tends to be less experimental, quite safe and conservative.

It would be rare to find someone in this city who would spend $200 on a t-shirt. (Unless it was some limited edition Red Sox t-shirt.)

Well, since I moved here, fashion is definitely picking up in this city. Getting less and less are the days where I see women in my South End neighborhood carrying those hideous quilted bags (they're ass-ugly!)... And more and more frequently, women are breaking out of their comfort zones here. And you can see it in the types of stores that are springing up to service our experimenting needs. In the past few months we've gained a Club Monaco, Barney's and now a new H&M... All within walking distance of each other.

The new H&M is opening next Friday, April 14th, on Newbury Street at Clarendon. This is the second location directly in the city of Boston; and it's high time they brought their "concepts" to Newbury Street... The fashion mecca of Boston and Greater Boston.

This new location means I will be able to trot over during lunch breaks and shop to my hearts desire. In need of new accessories? I can find them there. Looking for some punk t-shirts? Hit the men's department. Burlesque-style lingerie for hanky-panky? You get it cheap there.

The best thing about H&M coming to Newbury Street though is (for me) the fact they will be so close; the next time a high-end designer releases a limited edition line there (Karl Lagerfeld in 2004 and Stella McCartney in 2005) I will be able to get there before the racks get cleared out. For the past two years, I was only able to get over to the Downtown Crossing H&M hours after the lines had been put on the racks. And there was only the teeniest sizes left, which are no good for me. So having easier access to the store will be quite good for my fashion experimentation.

Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts