Weekend Movies.

Every weekend I get three movies courtesy of Netflix. And every weekend, I usually end up hating at least one, if not all three of the movies I chose.

This weekend I had a nice surprise. All three movies I very much enjoyed. My selection included:

Good Night, and Good Luck - Came out late last year. Oscar nominated film about Edward R. Murrow. I think anyone will find this piece very interesting to watch; not just former journalists like myself.

Requiem for a Dream - Wasn't too sure of this film when I first put it in my Netflix queue. I had heard from others that I would either love it or hate it. I very much liked it, even though it is just a movie about druggies in Brooklyn whose lives deteriorate from their addictions.

Taking Lives - Came out in 2004. This film was directed by D.J. Caruso, who is the older brother of a former co-worker of mine from Martha Stewart. He's done some films as well as television shows (like Smallville.) I wasn't sure if I would like this film when I first started watching it, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Excellent film. Surprising twists.

Comments

Popular Posts