The Last Twenty-Something Birthday.

"The time between 18 and 30 flies by."

That was an "FYI" my maternal grandfather told me the summer before my senior year in high school. He died a few weeks later; and looking back, I always think of the stuff he told me that summer as "life advice." And this particular tidbit was a good piece of advice to keep in mind.

I mean, looking back on my twenties... What have I accomplished in this short time? Anything significant? Well, yes.

I graduated from college.
I moved away from home.
I found a career.
I found another career.
I found, yet, another career.
I met a guy.
I tragically lost a friend.
I got engaged.
I found another career.
I got married.
I got a good job.
I got out of credit card debt.

So, in my last twenty-something year I need to achieve something else significant. Just to wind the decade down.

Here are a few things I brainstormed.

Buy an Hermes Birkin Bag (My husband vetoed this.)
Figure out what LOST is all about. (This will be difficult.)
Hire a cleaning lady. (I keep threatening to do this. Hasn't happened yet.)
Save more money. (This is my husband's idea. Whatever.)

If you can think of anything else I should achieve in my last twenty-something year, please feel free to drop me an email. I am open to suggestions.

Till then, I will enjoy my last twenty-something birthday in typical fashion... Working.

I'm sure if my grandfather were still alive, he would tell me that the time between 29 and 40 flies by quickly too. So I better make my 30s count even more than my 20s.

Comments

Popular Posts