The Cruelest Words Ever.

I am heart broken. (Or just really hormonal. I am a chick, after all.)

I went out browsing this afternoon to take a peek at the new collections on the racks. I came across a very cute top in the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection.



Cute, huh? Problem is, I can't get it. It's marked "Dry Clean Only," which are THE dreaded words to read on any potential garment. They are especially "killer" when you read them on a top that you have experienced "Love at first site" with.

And I don't even believe in "love at first site."

Why do garments have to be "dry clean only?" Especially designer pieces. If you're going to pay a pretty penny for a beautiful piece, it should at least be labeled simply "Dry Clean." When a label reads "Dry Clean," you can hand wash it. (Because if you took it to the cleaners, that is how they would clean it. But when something is marked "Dry Clean Only," you are limited to just that.

It is a beautiful piece though. But I really can not buy it. I have a rule. The only pieces I am allowed to buy that are "Dry Clean Only" are suits and REALLY nice dresses. Otherwise, everything else has to be machine or hand-washable.

Comments

Popular Posts