I'm Not Dazzled By Them.

About a month ago, I was reading some online celebrity gossip and saw Paris Hilton carrying this God-awful bag. It was a shiny gold Louis Vuitton Miroir Alma bag.

Then, this morning I was reading the Sunday Styles section when I saw in the "On The Street" section a feature on the collection of bags Louis Vuitton is doing in the shiny/metallic gold and silver shades.



Ugh.

I know that the whole "futuristic" thing is "in" right now (I mean, all you have to do is check out Style.com's feature on the "Space Odyssey"), but these bags are U-G-L-Y. They are incredible eye soars. Imagine walking down the street and having the sunshine reflected off these things into your eyes, thus blinding you.

Maybe if the bags weren't so big, I wouldn't detest them so. Perhaps a smaller, more petite bag would work for me in these materials. That would make it easier to carry the bag over more seasons. Or maybe if the metallic coloring wasn't as harsh, I would be like it more. (Sort of like Gucci's metallics.) Because the way I see it, these big shiny bags are not going to be something you carry this time next year.

Comments

Popular Posts