Bikram 101: A Third Of The Way Through.

Well, actually, I am slightly more than a third of the way through the Bikram Yoga 101-Day Challenge. And at this point, I am quite confident that I will be finishing this thing. But I wanted to take a few minutes to write about the changes I have seen in my postures, as well as the changes in my mental and physical beings.

First, the physical changes to my body... Not too much going on here yet. My arms are much tighter and slimmer though. I am expecting most of the tightening to take place in later in the challenge. After the first 60 days.

Second, the postures... These are starting to get very strong. It may not be noticeable to those around me. But I can feel them becoming stronger. Especially the balancing postures. It feels different to stand on one foot while lifting the other leg high up behind me... Or in front of me, parallel to the ground. Or behind me, parallel to the ground. And the locking of the knee feels tighter. Also, the muscles along my spine flex on command in the spine-strengthening series.

I can't wait to see how things feel after the next 30 days!!!

Now, the mental changes. In the past two weeks, I have experienced random acts of tears for no reason. Then then there was vertigo today... Both in and out of class. It happened out of class while laying in bed. The tears, as I have written before, I can hide behind the sweat of the class. But my emotions can change on a dime, for no reason.

At one point this week, the studio owner was starting class and telling us to "keep control" of our mind and to "focus." I had stumble with my facial expression to keep from bawling. Don't know why her words set me off, but they did. I fought it hard though, and kept myself from crying. But I ended up having a bad bout of acid reflux in this class. I think it was due to the holding back the tears.

Whatever it was that wanted out was gonna come out, whether I wanted it to or not.

Only about 63 classes left to go. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Comments

Popular Posts