Copley Square Hotel Review.

"I miss Boston!"

I can't even tell you how many times this past weekend that I said that. Or thought it. Too many to keep count. Seven years ago, when I first moved there, I hated it. And I hated it for three years into my six-year stay there. But eventually I warmed up to it. And fell in love.

Now, truthfully, I would move back in a heartbeat if I could.

So a visit every few months back to the city will be needed. And I have found a hotel that I want to stay in with each visit...

The Copley Square Hotel, right in Back Bay.


This whole weekend, I didn't walk very far to get done everything I wanted to get done. I didn't have to. This hotel is right in the middle of almost everything I wanted to see and do...
  • Bikram Yoga Back Bay
  • Jimmy Choo
  • Marc Jacobs
  • BARNEYS!
  • Books Stores
  • Newbury Street
  • South End
  • Douzo (best sushi in Boston)
  • Oak Bar
  • Prudential Center
I lived in Boston and never once really noticed this hotel. But it was recommended to me by a travel writer I know. And the rate was a quite good... $127 a night. That is CHEAP for a room in Boston! And here is what that room looked like...


I know... You could probably get a better sense of it without all my crap thrown everywhere. But the bed was HUGE! And very comfortable. I had a view outside my bay window of Huntington Avenue.

After I checked in and did some shopping with my friend, we went back to the hotel to indulge in the free wine hour they have from 5pm to 6pm. We sat eating little nibbles we ordered and drinking wine, while surfing the free Wi-Fi on our iPhones.

The free Wi-Fi came in very handy late the next night when I had some last minute work to finish and send off to my team. I was up so late and starving that I ordered something I have never seen on a room service menu before...


A basket of popcorn! It was delicious! However, what was NOT delicious was the price. The popcorn itself was about $6... Which wasn't bad. But the hotel adds an automatic 18% gratuity to the order... Which, honestly, I was fine with too. BUT, they also add a $4 delivery fee. So the popcorn and coke came to about $16.

That was the only negative thing I had to say at all about the hotel. It was beautiful, immaculately clean, luxuriously comfortable, and free wine and Wi-Fi. So yes, I will be going back.

But next time, I will probably just pick up a box of Cheez-Its from the 24-hour Shaw's supermarket next door for late-night snacking.

Comments

Meaghan said…
I work really close to this hotel...it was being renovated for the longest time and finally finished about a year ago. I'll have to keep it in mind for any visitors coming to town looking for a hotel option.

Popular Posts