Bridesmaid Dress... Ordered!

I finally got around to ordering my bridesmaid dress for my sister Red's wedding this June.

Red was kind enough to let me decide what dress I wanted, since I will be the only bridesmaid.

"As long as it is dark purple," was her only requirement.

That's one of my favorite colors... So I knew I could easily pick something not too "maidy" and that I could wear again. So I decided on this...


It's the "Christina" dress by Vera Wang, in Fig. It is dark purple lame and matching bobbinette netting overlay. I ordered it the other day in shop here in Toronto, right around the corner from my house. It will be in by early May.

Now to decide what shoes to wear... Red said I could wear whatever I wanted. And I am seriously considering busting these out...


The Miss Dior Gladiators I bought a year ago. I will be ridiculously tall. But I love them. And they go with the dress.

Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

Comments

April Elizabeth said…
I adore that dress its so pretty and totally reusable. Im glad your sister let you pick your own. I mean I didnt let my bridesmaids but I have 6, not 1, an I think 6 different dresses could look messy. (I tried to pick pretty, classy, cheap and reusable) But with just 1 - particularly with 1 with such good taste....

great choice.

I love the shoes too. Since i love shoes I decided to look up what I would pair it with and now Im going to share (even though you already have a great choice).

Shoe suggestions:
there: http://www.gallardofashion.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=2512

Or these (which i like better and are a lot cheaper): http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/randall-silver-satin.html
Meaghan said…
Love the dress...it's a great color and style!
Me said…
Love the Badgley shoes, April! Thanks!
Juliana said…
Love the dress and the shoes!
That's great of your sis to let you pick out your own dress.
Bayjb said…
You absolutely have to wear those shoes with that dress. HOT. Love the color and cut on the dress too. Very flattering
Allie said…
That is adorable! Great dress!

One of my friends just had everyone wear a little black dress - it was so wonderful!
Cool shoes...


www.torontoverve.org
Me said…
Thanks Nigel!

Popular Posts