"Hawaii 5-Oh" Versus "Magnum P.I."

The Husband and I got into a great debate this evening. One that could lead to big problems should he not concede and agree with me...

Which Hawaii-based detective/police show theme song was better... Hawaii 5-0 or Magnum P.I.?




Now... I will certainly give Tom Selleck's 'stache and car the credit for being hotter than Jack Lord and his "hemlut hair." But as far as songs go... Hawaii 5-O's theme song kicks Magnum's 80s synthesized ass!

The Husband is such a "Selleck Whore"... And he really needs to agree with me on this.

Comments

Tiabla said…
I've got to go with Hawaii 5-0 both for the coolness of the theme song and the fact that the opening of the show (Jack Lord standing on the Ilikai hotel) is the same hotel Bikram used to use for his teacher training. It all comes full circle, man!

http://yogatt.blogspot.com/2007/09/hawaii-five-o-connection.html

(Also, my mom pointed out to me several years ago that women were horribly portrayed on Magnum P.I. They were all psychos, whores, grifters, dingbats or victims. I got caught up in a Magnum P.I. marathon while home sick and it's true: there were some real misogynists on the writing staff.)
Cara said…
Tough call..... I like them both but I have to go with Magnum...(*ducks and hides*)... are we just going with Hawaiian them songs? Because Miami Vice has to beat them both!!!
Catherine said…
Well, I can remember the theme song for "5-0" but not for "P.I." Therefore, that one gets my vote! (And it will be stuck in my head the rest of the work day... great.) :)
Duffy Pratt said…
I have nothing to say about the stars' hotness, but in every other respect, including the theme song, Hawaii Five-O was better.
Liveanoblelife said…
magnum pIzzzY

Cmon you have to you some Tom Selleck.
PostsPostModern said…
Moxie,

I say, 'Five-O' gets the nod.

There's something a little too 'Lite FM' about the Magnum theme....the first few seconds sound like something you'd hear in the background of a skin flick.
Me said…
COREY!!!!! Hope you are well!!!!!

Popular Posts