Alexander McQueen Is My Hero.

My travel writer friend recommended I write about this. Because I am really sad. I have loved McQueen for a few years.

It started with a few of scarves...


Purchased right before my move to Canada. Thought it was a sign that I found it in red and white on the Gilt Groupe website.

Purchased at Barney's on a random walk through the men's section. Yep, it is a boy's scarf.

Purhcased at Harrod's on London. This one is VERY special.

Even though I loved McQueen scarves and wrote about them endlessly for over three years... The one item I coveted the most from him (for a year and a half, in fact) was this: The McQueen Hero Upright.

Purchased after a random stop in a Japanese department store on Fifth Avenue in NYC. It was found on the fifth floor of Takashimaya, on the sale section. It was meant to be. Now it travels with me everywhere.

I loved everything this man did. I loved how bad ass he was in his approach. I am incredibly sad his presence won't be there in the fashion world. There will never be anyone like him again.

Comments

Louise said…
Hi there,

Stumbled upon your blog while I googled for bikram yoga in paris.

I love Alexander McQueen too, hope he's resting in peace now :(
Agreed. So sad. So much talent, I just can't understand why he did it. Such a waste of an amazing life.
Liz said…
AHHHHHHH YOUR/his SCARVES. I LOVE THEM. I LOVE ANYTHING WITH SKULL HEADS. He was such an interesting designer. It's very sad.
I'm loving all the posts on each bloggers' favorite McQueen finds. I'm jonesing for another scarf - what what colorway!?

He was a brilliant designer who paved the way for many other fabulous minds. I LOVED that Gaga would wear his crazy pieces and bring them to the mainstream for people to enjoy.

After reading much of the press, it seems knowing how much he was loved wouldn't have changed a thing (as it doesn't most of the time with these things), but I wish it would have - because he was probably more loved than he really knew.

Popular Posts