Clothing Care Must-Have: Steamer.

Best purchase I have made in a long time!!!

A few weeks back, I purchased this on a random Sunday afternoon.


It's a steamer. Other people at work told me they had one. I know a few boutique owners who use them in their stores as well. I hate hauling out the ironing board... And besides, there are some clothing items I own which are very difficult to iron with a regular iron. Such as this...


Oh! Ruffles! So girlie and divine!

I adore ruffles lately. I own this blouse in black as well. And I have a few other blouses that have layers and ruffles too. They are all washable on a delicate cycle. And I refuse to take things to the cleaners that can be washed by hand, just so they will be pressed beautifully.

With my trusty steamer, I was able to take that wrinkled blouse and make it "pret-a-porter" in less than two minutes.


Voila!

My only word of caution when using a steamer is to be careful with your hands. The steam is indeed blistering hot. And if you get it too close to your bare hand, it will scald. I have mostly mastered the technique. But I often come close to burning myself... I am an Aries, after all.

Comments

Liz said…
ARIES UNITE! Need steamer - I hate dry cleaning. I swear they ruin my clothes.
Anonymous said…
I'm interested to know what brand and model you have. I had a big steamer a few years ago that crapped out after I'd only used it a few months :( Now I have a compact one, but I really want another big one so I can steam more clothes without having to refill, and don't have to hang the clothes on my shower rod while I'm steaming them.
Me said…
Woohoo! Aries powers - activate!

Anonymous... I don't recall off hand what brand of steamer I bought... But it was purchased at Canadian Tire. Not sure if you are in the States or in Canada.
bikramyogachick said…
Ah, flashbacks of me working in the jr dept of a big dept store in college. The dreaded steamer! Yes, don't burn yourself! (cute blouse!)
Allie said…
Ooh! I think I'll need to break down and get one of those. I am so awful at ironing. Epically awful. Like melted carpet into a shirt once awful.
Bayjb said…
A steamer is an absolute must. I love how clean/crisp it looks when it's freshly pressed.
Unknown said…
My little sitter has one, after borrowing it I've decided that its as essential as an iron.

Popular Posts