Denim Suit: A "No-No."

I am a huge fan of denim. In fact, I'm a little but of a "denim snob" when it comes to what I will put on my body. This is because I live and breathe in jeans most days of my life. When I dare to drop hard-earned cash on jeans, I get a lot of wear out of them.

But even I, a denim enthusiast, recognize when denim goes horribly bad...

When it's done as a denim suit.

I found myself in the presence of a woman the other day who was wearing a full on denim suit. Unfortunately, because of the nature of which I encountered this horrible woman ("horrible" not because she was wearing the suit, but because she was nasty person to people), I wasn't able to discreetly snap a photo of the denim gloriousness.

But I so wish I could have busted out my iPhone and snapped it. It would have made for some great style dissection.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think denim can be dressed up enough to pass for "business casual." Far from the truth, actually. I have always proclaimed that the chicest of outfits that never fails to look great (on a woman in particular) is the "jeans with blazer combo."

But a whole suit made of matching denim stretched across a fat ass? No. That is not a good use of denim.

Comments

That picture would have been priceless!!!! Hello! John Travolta called from the 70's and he want's his suit back!
That Girl! said…
The industry has been coming back each spring/summer to try and push denim beyond jeans, HARD. I think it looks upon it as another avenue for making more $$$. My feeling is why not just come back every season and make totally covet-able jeans that rock?!?!?

Personally, I have nothing against a really cute denim shirt or a denim jumper but a denim tuxedo ala Justin and Britney back when they dated and attended an award ceremony in all denim ensembles is a crime against humanity.
Me said…
OMG, JT! The Justinan Britney fiasco circa 2001 was TOTALLY what this woman's suit reminded me of. And yes, a denim suit, overalls it jumper are totally cute featured in a wardrobe mix.

Popular Posts