Bikram Yoga 30-Day Challenge: DONE!

Yay! I did it! I did it! I did it!

I am completely done with the 30-Day Bikram yoga challenge. That was 30 days in a row of 90 minutes of hot yoga. And today's class was really tough to get through... Probably because it was 108 degrees in the room before we started the class. I don't even want to think about what the temperature was during the class.

But, the challenge is done. Now I can just go back to having days off in between classes.

So, progress as a result of the challenge...

1. I can make it through 90 minutes of class with fewer water breaks.
2. My postures are much improved from where I was 30 days ago.
3. I'm more focused and balanced; not just in class when practicing. It extends to beyond class and into everyday.
4. The small "shit" doesn't bother me in life. At least not lately. I have so much more to focus on now.
5. I sleep more soundly and regularly.
6. Ohmigod! My SKIN! It's clearer and it's SOFTER. Especially on my face. Don't know if it is a result from the yoga inducing toxins to leave my body... But I will attribute it to the yoga anyway.
7. Obviously, I am even more flexible than I was 30 days ago. Though Bikram yoga is not just about flexibility.
8. My ass and thighs are noticeably more toned. My tight jeans fit in this area now.
9. I don't know if I've lost weight... But I'm assuming I have. At least 10 pounds.
10. My arms look great. (Yoga arms!!!!) I wish it were summer now. I would go sleeveless everyday.
11. I eat differently. I don't diet. I just crave different things now. More fruit... Especially oranges and apples.
12. I am motivated to practice every day. It's that simple... Once you start going regularly, your body starts to crave it. It feels wrong when you don't go.

Will I do the 30-Day challenge again? You betcha!!!!! I plan on trying to do it two to four times a year from here on out.

So, to celebrate my achievement, I went and got a Fusion Massage at exhale after class. It was awesome!!!

If you haven't tried Bikram, I recommend you give it some thought. It's a great form of yoga to practice, If you're freaked out by the thought of the heat, it's just "mind over matter"... As the instructors say in class.

Comments

Chris Wight said…
You rock!!

I am very, very proud of you :)
Me said…
Awww! Thanks Chris-ie!
Anonymous said…
yay! congrats chica! i am super impressed! :-)
Anonymous said…
Congrats!! That's awesome :) I bet you look amazing.
Anonymous said…
Congrats! I am always impressed by those with the endurance and discipline to do something like that. However, I guarantee you some of the benefits are also from not being stressed by work. You combined two very healthy things; enjoy it!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!
Gina44 said…
Thanks so much for blogging about Birkam. I'm getting ready to start my first 30 day challange. I'm nervous but always feel better after I read your blogs. I really want to lose some weight before I get married in Sept. and I'm hoping this 30 day challange will help. I always feel better when I'm doing Bikram so I have nothing to lose.
Anonymous said…
I am considering a 30-day challenge. I love Bikram and have done it for almost 3 years. However, will I begin to hate it....I mean everyday??? How did you manage your schedule. I need advice, and I am sure I will be doing it.

Popular Posts