Product Review: Storyville Coffee

What's "brewing" here at the Common Ground? A moderate cup of coffee.

I've been an avid coffee drinker since moving to NYC six years ago. Three years ago I moved to Boston... Or "Beantown" as some call it. (I just call it the "common ground.") Anyway, as a daily coffee drinker, I've had my share of really great cups of coffee. I've also had my share of really "craptastic" cups of coffee. The cup of coffee I am drinking at this very moment is somewhere in between.

I received in the mail today a solicited package of coffee beans from the Storyville Coffee Company. Seeing as I drink lots of coffee, I figured I would be a good person to test their product. The package came complete with brewing instructions for creating the "perfect cup of coffee."

I find it to be the "weakest" cup of coffee I have had in quite a while.

Now, I will admit, I am probably a tainted sampling for them. I like my coffee "strong." Like Andre the Giant hopped up on steroids "strong." This cup was nowhere near that.

The instructions did say that the best way to brew the coffee was with a French press. However, I am not in possession of one. (I kind of hoped that the coffee would show up with one.) As a formerly busy agency marketing person, I didn't have time to brew coffee with a French press. It was all about either the drip machine on the kitchen counter or the Starbucks next to the Hancock Tower. Maybe now that I am a "woman of leisure" I should invest in a French press and re-try the coffee... Because this cup was not enjoyable.

But I am willing to concede that even though I followed the brewing instructions (other than using a French press), that there may be some human error in the resulting cup. So tomorrow morning I will brew a cup with a few more beans in it than what I did this evening.

First taste test out of the gate, Storyville Coffee beans get two skull and crossbones out of five possible.





Please note: This product was requested by me through the BzzAgent program.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have nothing much to say except - I love this comment:

'I like my coffee "strong." Like Andre the Giant hopped up on steroids "strong." This cup was nowhere near that.'

Stop stealing by 80's wrestling comments!

Haha...
Me said…
I steal nothing. Everything is original.
Anonymous said…
I tried the Storyville coffee as a bzz agent and thought it was pretty tasty.

Popular Posts