Eating Seasonally. It's Important for Cupcakes Too.

A few weeks back, I was at the South End Buttery getting a cappuccino, when I saw that they had some apple-flavored cupcakes in the display case. It was morning though, and I had a Bikram yoga class in a few hours and decided not to give in to temptation and get one... Though I REALLY wanted one.

Flash forward a few weeks to today. I went to the noon yoga class (number 19 out of the way!), and decided to pop into the "Buttery" for an afternoon pick-me-up before I headed out shopping. Today in the display case were carrot-cupcakes!

Yummy!!!!

Now, I'm a big fan of eating seasonally. I like my strawberries in June. My asparagus in April. My oranges and cranberries in November and December... And of course, Autumn is also good for squashes and root vegetables! So I really only like eating carrot cake around this time of year. Any other time of year, it just isn't right.

It was the best cupcake I have had there. And I've had quite a few. From the minis I ordered for my ex-nasty boss's birthday in August to the Red Velvet one I had back in June... They were all great. But today's was the best.

Now I'm wishing I had gotten the apple one last month when I saw it.

Also, as a side note... I've been drinking cappuccinos from the "Buttery" for a few months now. And today I learned the difference between a "wet" cappuccino and a "dry" one. The barista at the counter told me that a "dry" one means more foam and less milk. That's how I prefer my caps. So it was nice to see a barista who knows how to make a drink. I can't tell you how many times I have been to Starbucks and asked for a cappuccino and gotten a latte.

I wonder what kind of unique cupcake-concoctions I can expect in the near future from the "Buttery." Orange and chocolate????? (That's a great combo. Anyone who's eaten the orange-flavored Milanos knows what I'm talking about.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
i want your life:

cupcakes
cappuccinos
yoga


how can i not be jealous?

<3 miss ya!
Anonymous said…
Do you need a job? I think we got some down here in NYC...

Popular Posts