Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 21

As my instructor B. told me yesterday, I'm "rounding the corner" in this challenge.

Today's 4pm class in Harvard Square marked day 21 in my 30-Day Bikram Yoga Challenge. So this means I only have 9 days left to go.

NINE DAYS PEOPLE!!!!

I have never done 21 days of yoga in the span of two months, let alone consecutively in 30 days. So I am happy with my effort, to say the least. I am also noticing incredible changes in my body as well as in my poses in each class.

My effort in this challenge has done the following to me:

1. I have more energy, for the most part. I at least have had the energy to keep going to class every day. So that's good.
2. I'm starting to kick some ass in the Standing Bow-Pulling pose. Also the Balancing Stick pose. Oh, and Triangle pose is no longer pure torture. (I actually look forward to it. Even though it is the "pinnacle" of the standing series... Or so they say.)
3. I sweat almost immediately upon starting the opening breathing exercises. The more you sweat, the harder your body is working.
4. I am having to take fewer water breaks. I'm able to use the water breaks I do have more efficiently. There's no need to race to the bottle and gulp it down.
5. I'm eating differently. The other night, I went to a 5:30pm class. I didn't get home till almost 8pm. I quickly helped my husband get together a dinner of chicken Tikka Masala for himself. I however was craving yogurt, an apple and an orange. That's all I wanted. And I couldn't even finish it.
6. Yesterday, while walking to class (which is a mile away from my house) my yoga pants started to fall down. So my body is toning up on the bottom. But there is a noticeable difference in my arms, waist and back already.
7. I am 100% more relaxed than I was a month ago. Not much bothers me. I am happy.

So, just over a week left in the challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed that I make it to the end. I'm really glad I made the changes in my life that allowed me to do this. It's done me a lot of good.

Comments

Popular Posts