I've Come To The Conclusion...

... That the "Tall" size for drinks from Starbucks is more than ample.

I was at the Starbucks here in the airport trying to decide between the Pumpkin Spice Latte or the Caramel Machiatto. I was gonna go for a "Grande" size because I haven't had really any coffee today. Then I noticed the price for the "Grande" size on both drinks here in the airport... $4.29.

Seriously, over four bucks for a "Grande"????????? That's a rip-off. In Boston, the same size is about 50-cents less. So, needless to say, I went with the "Tall" size. With tax, the drink cost me $3.56.

But this got me thinking about a topic that kept coming up this week in Arizona while visiting my family... "What is necessary?"

For example, when I usually go on vacation to visit my family, I end up doing some serious shopping and picking up stuff that I normally can't find too easily at home. For example, there isn't a Target anywhere near me in Boston. So the only time I go to one is when I am at home. And there were a ton of things I would have liked to bought:

1. Mattress Pad
2. Hello Kitty Lamp
3. New DVDs
4. New Books

You know; a bunch of crap that really isn't necessary. Just nice to have. But eventually, you have to "de-clutter" your home; and all this once "nice to have" stuff is really just stuff that's taking up space. So with every purchase I make now, I really examine how much I need the item or experience.

So no spontaneous purchases allowed. And no more "Grande" drinks. The "Tall" is fine.

Comments

Popular Posts