Domestic Bliss: Aprons and Home-Keeping Tips

I've gotten into some unique habits since becoming a wife who stays home...

For instance, I get up at about 7:30am still, every day. No sleeping in.
Specific days are noted for specific chores. (Mondays is bathroom cleaning day, for example.)
I don't grocery shop in bulk. I go every day instead.

The most odd thing I do now though is "don" an apron whenever I cook and clean. I'm dead serious. I left the stress of the world behind, and stepped into a world where I found the need to actually use the aprons I bought ages ago and never used.

Another oddity of my new domestic arrangement, I have grown very interested in household tips. In particular, I have been craving purchasing Martha Stewart's new home-keeping tips book.



I really want this book. It has all kinds of tips for the various elements of domesticity.

So, I've settled into this new lifestyle quite easily. And I was worried that I would be incredibly bored not working. Quite the opposite. I'm busy; but at a good pace... Not in a hectic way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
FYI

Martha Stewart will be at the Barnes and Noble in the Pru on Sunday, November 12th to sign her new book!

Signing starts at noon.
Me said…
LOL! I know. I saw the sign at Barnes and Noble on display.

Funny thing is though... I used to work for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and have met Martha already. (Everyone who works for her company meets her.) I also have a signed copy of her Weddings book from my time there.

I may go to the signing though. When I last saw her in person was during the "rougher" period in her life.

Popular Posts