Life Philosophies From The Missus.

It could be all the yoga I've been doing lately, which has allowed me to meditate and focus more easily on my thoughts. It could simply be due to the fact that I no longer spend my days figuring out how I'm gonna squeeze working on an obscene number of clients into a 10-hour day. Whichever or whatever it is due to, the fact remains that I have been giving a lot of thought to my personal life philosophy. By that, I mean what I believe to be important to me for living my life.

So, even though I know it's un-sollicited; here are the things I currently believe in for guiding my life:

1. Never dignify anyone's nasty and un-sollicited comments with a response. Just smile kindly, and avert your attention to something more significant.
2. Limit your work week to 45 hours. Any more than that and it's impossible to have a work-life balance. If your job requires more than 45 hours a week on a regular basis; than it's time to find a new job.
3. Never let anyone question your dedication to something. This used to happen to me all the time at my job... This guy, Chad, would tell me and other people on the team that we weren't dedicated-enough to the job because we weren't enthusiastic about long hours. I would think to myself: "Eff that. My life is more than my job. I must have more in my life than you do." But all I would do is smile and walk away. (And then go dish it out with someone else on the team. LOL!)
4. Eat two fruits a day. It's a great way to get something sweet and to limit the number of calories you take in when you get your sweet fix.
5. Get at 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. That's the minimum and the maximum you need.
6. Take three bubble baths a week. I have always loved bubble baths. I only allow 20 minutes for them though. Any longer than that, and you're just depleting natural oil from your skin.
7. Make time each week to spend with the other people who live in your space. Whether it's a partner, friend, family member or even an acquaintance you barely know; you need to spend time with them.
8. Do something in public on your own each week. Whether it's a lunch, brunch, dinner, movie or drink at a bar... If you can't enjoy your own company, that's just sad.
9. Don't be afraid to smile to yourself. Others may think you're crazy, but it's actually calming.
10. If you really want something; and it your not hurting yourself or anyone else; don't ever give up until you get it. No one is perfect; and it could take a million tries; but keep going for it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice!

More good nuggets from the Missus. Remember kids - life without goals isn't really living. Go after what you are passionate about....no matter what it is.

Brevitt!

Popular Posts