Domestic Bliss: It's All About the Suction.

A few weeks ago, my vacuum cleaner (a Bissell from 1999) stopped sucking up dirt. I was trying to vacuum up dust bunnies from under the couch... And the cleaner just stopped picking up the dirt. I turned it off and pried it open. The cleaner bag was FULL. Dust and dirt was living in the suctioning tubes. So off to the hardware store I went to buy some new bags. But you know what? Turns out vacuum cleaner bags for my particular model aren't really available anymore. So what's a domesticated gal to do??????

Get a new freakin' vacuum cleaner. That's what.

So, thus began my research for a new model. My husband and I live in a very old brownstone apartment in the South End. So most of our apartment consists of beautiful hard wood floors. But we do have an ornate carpet in the living room. And the second bedroom, china pantry area and dressing room all have carpets as well. So we needed one that was light and could trolley around the apartment. We also needed one that came with tubes and hoses to clean off furniture, blinds and drapes. We decided on the Dirt Devil Bagless Breeze vacuum cleaner, which we ordered from Home Depot for $59.99. And because it's bagless, I don't have to worry about trying to figure which bags to buy for it.

But, as I was online looking for the best deal on the best model for our needs, I came across a bunch of other vacuum cleaner things that I loved. In fact, I loved them so much, I am asking for them for Christmas. And they are really ideal (and inexpensive) items for apartments and homes like ours. My new fascination with vacuum cleaners includes...

The Dirt Devil Kone



This thing is perfect for picking up small bunnies living and loving and multiplying in the corners of your flat. Plus it comes in quite a few colors... So you have many options. I am leaning towards the charcoal model... As it is a conservative color. Though I would also enjoy the plum color.

Dirt Devil Broom Vac



How genius is this product????? This is exactly what we need in our apartment! It's a broom that sucks up the dirt you sweep. No dealing with dust pans! This too comes in a wide variety of colors. I prefer the red, orange or yellow ones.

Comments

Popular Posts