Should We Be Assholes Like The French Too?

I don't think French people are "assholes." In fact, after reading this article my Aunt found online and sent to me; I want to emulate the French.

The article, written by Michael Lewis (one of the authors both my husband and I have enjoyed reading) back in 2000, analyzes the differences between how Americans interact with everyday life (you know, "rush-rush here, rush-rush there") and compares it to how the French live life. The French seem to take their time with everything they do. I interpret that as, "They take time to enjoy all of life." From the "lunching" for two to three hours each day, to the 35-hour work week, to the leisurely strolls taken everyday... The typical (from what we understand) French life sounds ideal.

Hmm...

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are assholes like the French. To be human is to an asshole.
Me said…
So very true.

Popular Posts