Busting Arizona.

I saw this one coming...

I don't believe in "easy money." I don't go through life expecting to make a landfall of money for putting in a miniscule amount of effort. And that's what I believe the easy money from residential real estate investing to be. And now, I am laughing my butt off at people across the country who are in a dilemma due to the housing markets going bust in once "booming" cities.

The latest to fall, my home state of Arizona... Specifically, the Phoenix area. I got online this morning to read the NY Times front page and saw this article about the housing bubble burst in Arizona.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at the misfortune of others... But here's a general rule for when it comes to investing and making money people... "If it has become such a popular way to make money, it is a trend. It is a trend that is soon going to die. When investing trends hit the mainstream, and the clerk at the grocery store is giving you financial advice, that's a sign that it is a bad move."

Comments

Me said…
Follow-up to this post... I'm not saying real estate is a bad investment. Just when you make a trend of it is it a bad investment. If you're only in it for the short-term, you're a dumb ass. Think long term, and you'll be fine.

Popular Posts