The Caring Logic Of The Husband.

Dear The Husband,

You are very kind.  Very kind.  But really... This isn't necessary.

When I told you I was laid-off the other day, you didn't have to start leaving money on the coffee table in the living room each morning, as you walked out the door to work.  I have money. Quite a bit of it from the severance check I got.  I can cover my expenses for the next seven months. Possibly longer, if I give up shopping.  (But hey - who am I kidding?)

Thank you for being very supportive... As this is was somewhat of an ego-blow, even though I knew it was happening.  I really appreciate the sensitivity and understanding, as you know I (unfortunately) identify a lot of my value in my career and job... Even though I shouldn't.

So, again, thank you for everything... Including the money you leave me each morning...  But you don't have to do that.  I am more than okay in every way possible.

I love you.

Love,
The Missus

Comments

Unknown said…
Then again, you could always leverage his generosity and get him to pay for Bikram teacher training in Palm Springs (4/26 - 6/28). I'm sure they need good teachers in Canada...
That Girl! said…
Awww, tears for "Human"!!!
Me said…
LOL! Yes.. When he reads this post, I will probably get an "Awe! Dear!" And he'll come over and hug me...

Cody, don't think I haven't thought about TT in Palm Springs... though, if I went, it would have to be in the Fall... As the Spring training occurs right in the middle of my move to Canada.
JTT said it first...awww.

Human is such a sweetheart!
Vanessa said…
What a sweet "Human"!
So cute!!! Do you guys not have joint checking? This may be a good time to start! He sounds really sweet!
Me said…
Once we have a house (a major shared asset), we will open a joint account. I won't have one unless we have a major asset or children, which would necessitate it. Plus, at this point, we can't have a joint checking account with the move to Toronto anyway. We would just wait till we got up there.

I know.. It's crazy.. I've been married five years almost, and still don't share a checking account with my husband.
Mr. Brunette and I don't have a shared checking account either...and that's just the way I like it! He might beg to differ but honestly it would be very confusing. We have money coming in from multiple places and going out to way too many places so I think mistakes could easily slip through the cracks and things could easily be overlooked if we think a particular account credit or debit belongs to the other. We each have assigned bills to pay and discuss the finances generally, but no shared account.
Me said…
That's how we work too.

Popular Posts