Healthy Dish For The Weak: Egg-White Omelet.

I find myself really enjoying "easing" into each day this week.  The past two days, I have gotten up after 9am.  And I have plenty of time to make myself a more nutritious breakfast than I would have been able to get near my work.   

Today, once I got up, I made myself a really healthy breakfast... 

 

An egg-white omelet with onions, mushrooms, goat cheese and sprouted grain bread with soy butter.

It was so good!

Normally, I would never go for an egg-white omelet. But I had two whites left after using only the yokes in the pasta I made last night.  This was an easy and quick breakfast to make.  And all this was less than 300 calories and had over 22 grams of protein.

Now, I need my coffee...

Comments

Dish This! said…
this looks so good...and I'm not even a big fan of egg white omelettes! I just posted a link to it on my blog.. hope that's okay! ;)
Me said…
LOL! Thanks! When you cook with egg whites, you have so little to work with that you have to throw as many veggies in as you can.

This ended up being a protein power-house of a breakfast.

Popular Posts