Shame On You, Vessel!

Now, I really didn't want to do this post.  But the irresponsibility of the shop downstairs really disappoints me.

I left my apartment a little after noon today.  As I was walking down the side walk just past our brownstone, I nearly slipped and fell.

Now, the neighboring brownstone RARELY ever shovels the sidewalk in front of their part of the building.  And they NEVER de-ice the sidewalk.  So I always know to step carefully in front of it. But normally, once I get past their steps, I am in the clear.

Not today.

The space I nearly fell at was in front of Vessel, the odd little home goods store.



The sidewalk, in front of their business - which I would think they are responsible for clearing up, was completely iced over.  



At first I thought maybe the business was closed, and that they just weren't around to clean it up...  But I was wrong.  They were totally around and open for business.

And I found it really irritating that they managed to de-ice the few feet in front of their door, but not the sidewalk around it.



What the hell?

And it's not like I took these pictures and encountered the ice just at mid-day, when I left the apartment.  I took these pictures just before 4pm today, when I was on my way back home.

This is just an irresponsible business practice!  Make it safe for people to walk near your business! 

Comments

Dan said…
Those bastards. It's dangerous out there.
That Girl! said…
Not cool. They won't be happy when someone slips and sues them.

Popular Posts