New Year's Resolutions...

I hadn't really had a chance to get these written down with all the traveling between Australian towns and international cities in the past few days.  I now find myself in Burlingame, CA...  A few miles from the airport hotel we are staying in before we fly back to Boston tomorrow afternoon. 

I located a Starbucks on the Internet that is only a 15 minute walk from my hotel... So I decided to take advantage of a fully charged Macbook battery, sit down with a Caramel Machiatto and strangers...  And finally write out what I would like to accomplish in 2009.
  • The Book Project. Not super top secret.  But I am participating in a writing project that has legitimate potential.  Fellatio In The Garden Of Eden is still in the works.  But a joint project is less intimidating to start with in terms of getting published.  Baby steps.  But, I plan to start and finish this book project this year.  And hopefully, someone will want to publish what we have written.
  • Eat better.  Seriously!  I know, I had this on the list last year.  But I am sincere this time around.  I am entering a 9 year in a few months... Time to start shedding things that no longer work for me.  And there are some foods that need to be severely cut back on for health reasons. 
  • Establish regular cleaning day each week.  I have been bad about cleaning regularly.  In 2008, our dryer broke, and we were stuck hang-drying all out clothing.  this made laundry a daunting and time-consuming project.  And it cut into time available to regularly clean the apartment. And since I refuse to hire a cleaning lady (that's for people with children - not two working adults who legitimately have time to clean), I need to be more scheduled with the cleaning.
  • Be more scheduled in general.  I used to be ridiculously ANAL about schedules.  Since the age of 16, I kept a hand-written and color-coded day planner.  I used to get a kick out of checking things off each day.  I stopped doing that when I got married.  And after being in Australia this week, and seeing my new sister-in-law (who I really can not say enough wonderful things about - her or her family... Such incredibly lovely people) and her anal ways with scheduling things out... It brought me back to how I was when I was her age.  I have been inspired!
  • More wine.  Okay...  I know some of you chastised me for saying I buy a bottle of wine every two weeks. I know wine goes bad after a few days from when you open it.  So I know resolve to drink one bottle every 4 days.  I will have 4 to 5 ounces each night, with dinner.
  • No bagels. This one kills me to write.  Because we have "Bagel Monday" every week in the office.  It's usually the only bagel I have the entire week.  But once I eat the bagel, I then began to eat crappy the rest of the day. I spiral downward... At the beginning of the week.  It's just not worth it anymore.
  • Shed unused stuff before the move.  I think there is a bit of stuff I can get rid of, before we move to Toronto in 4.5 months. I need to get on the cleaning binge!
  • Visit two countries.  Besides Canada and America, that is.  And Australia and New Zealand don't count, even though I didn't leave them until after the new year began.
And there you have it.  Can't wait to see how I do this year!

Comments

In terms of the bagels, what has worked for me is just putting it off...by 11 or so, they're usually completely gone.
All very good ressies. Can't wait to read the book. As for the house cleaning thing I must say I have had a cleaner pre and post baby and I think it is a necessity not a luxury. Prior to having the little man (who makes it impossible to clean) the only fights my husband and I would have would be on the weekends when we would bicker over chores. Once I priced cleaners I found that to have someone come every two weeks it was only 100 dollars. I couldn't believe it. 50 bucks a week gave me a beautiful home and we had so much more time to spend together, bicker free.

If you ever decide to go this route I have an amazing lady I can refer you to!
Anonymous said…
I need to be more organized. I want to have a color-coordinated calendar, but I don't have the patience (or memory) to check back every day.

Teach me your ways oh wise one!!

Good luck with your resolutions. I know you'll accomplish great things this year!
I think your house cleaning plans equals a yard sale that I'd like to attend, if only there were yards in the South End!

Popular Posts