2009 - Personal Year 9.

According to the ancient art of numerology, I will be entering into a 9 year on my birthday (April 12) of this year. Until then, though, I am still in my 8 year.

The 8 year, is a year of gain. Usually financial and recognition-wise, if you've worked hard. So I have about three and half months to work hard in order to make sure I have gained all that I am supposed to in this year.

And then... My year 9 begins.

The 9 year is a year of change. Since personal years run in 9-year cycles, it's the end of the cycle... And thus, time to move on from anything that just isn't working in your life. Previous 9 years for me have been:
  • 1982 - I was five years old. I began school at that age, specifically, kindergarten. I had never gone to school before then. Unlike most people, I didn't go to preschool. So it was a year of ending my free childhood, so that I could move on to the academic part of my childhood.
  • 1991 - I ended junior school, and went on on high school.
  • 2000 - I left Arizona, and moved to NYC... Mostly on a whim, after visiting for my 23rd birthday. I also ended my dating career in my last 9 year... As near the end of it, I met my husband.
This year is going to be a year of change as well. I am scheduled to move in May, to another country. I will likely have to leave my job, as the move will make it unlikely that I will be able to continue with them.

Also on the job front, I think I may be done with search marketing as a career... As the current job is the most ideal search job anyone could ever want... So trying to find another search job like it will be impossible.

Change is a very tricky thing for me. I either do it completely effortlessly (as I did when I moved to NYC), or I do very badly with it... (As it was when I moved to Boston nearly six years ago.) There is no in-between. So I don't know yet how I will really adapt to the move to Toronto. I am trying to prepare myself so that it is as effortless as possible. But I am giving up a lot to move there.

But beyond the move, 2009 will be a year of change for me in other areas. In a 9 year, you get rid of anything that doesn't work for you anymore. It's a year of determination though, and anything that lasts to the end of it for you is there permanently. And you take it with you into the next 9 year cycle.

So a few more months of year 8... Then changes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm in a nine personal year as well. I just hope and pray for the best. But I must say, I am very interested as to what will happen this year.
LegallyBoston said…
What exactly does all this mean? How do you figure out what year you're in? I went to the website but I couldn't tell...

Popular Posts