Always Diversify Your Investments.

Well, it seems like we now have to be super skeptical of any and every investment house these days.  Even the most prestigious.

I mean, if you can't trust the former NASDAQ chairman's hedge fund with your money, it makes it difficult to want to trust any other to invest your money for you.

As The Husband says, "This is atrocious.  Who was the auditor?  How was this faked?"

I asked him what he thought people could do to avoid this kind of thing.  He pointed out that until it is fully understood how Madoff was able to do this kind of thing for so long without getting caught, and how the auditors didn't pick up on it - or were in on the scheme, it doesn't mean that people trust the investment houses.

So, I guess, before we jump to the conclusion that no one can be trusted, we should get the whole story.  And it couldn't hurt to diversify your portfolio.  Don't put all your money in one place.  Split it up. 

I have already done that myself...  

I have Manolos, Converse, Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Choo, Foley & Corinna, Burch, Raven, Paige Denim...  So I am plenty diversified there. 

;)

Just trying to end the note with some humor.

Comments

Popular Posts