Calypso "Antigone" Dress.

The past few weddings I have had to go to, I have purchased two dresses. 

I usually buy the first one because I love the dress, and don't give much thought to whether or not it really is the look I want for the event.  Then, I but a second one a few weeks before the wedding to fit the ideal of what I want to look like.

I wear all the dresses I buy.  A few times.

So yesterday, after I had my snazzy new haircut, I walked down the street to one of my favorite stores, Calypso, to see if there was anything of interest.  Sure enough, in the window was an adorable dress that would be perfect for the Australian wedding in about three weeks...



It comes in a few colors... Including aqua, black, navy and slate.  I went with the slate, and I am pairing it with my Snakeskin sandals.  (But first I have to get them re-cobbled.)

Added bonus...  The dress is made of a silk that is meant to be wrinkly.  So I don't have to be cautious when packing it in the suitcase.  (I am still determined to take a carry-on.)

Comments

Vanessa said…
Gorgeous dress!
Bex said…
I *LOVE* this dress! And it looks like it would be flattering on a lot of different body types...hmm...might need to keep my eye on this one!
Anonymous said…
Great choice. The shoes too!
~Tiann

Popular Posts