"Shut The Eff Up!"

Have you ever been on the T (subway) and had to endure the pain of a person shrieking their heads off and talking loudly?  Did you ever scream, "Shut the EFF up!" at them?

I almost did last night, while taking the Orange Line to Back Bay.  But I refrained.

It's considered bad form to scream profanities at four year old children.

To be honest though, I think that at the age of four, someone should be capable enough to sit on the subway train and not cream and cry when a passenger wants to sit in the free seat next to him.  And I would think that if there was such a child of four who did this (and to be honest, he could have been five years old; either four or five), I would expect his mother to quiet him down and tell him to remove his hand from blocking the free seat from the elderly woman who wanted to sit in it.

I mean, a two year old is difficult to control when they pitch a fit.  So is a three year old sometimes.  But four years old? No.  Four is when they need to basically be told that the "asshole syndrome" isn't going to fly in society... Not without getting their asses either kicked or bitched out.

The decibel level of his shrieking and crying was contrasted with his mother's sweet pleas of, "No, honey, you have let other people site down.  Shh!  Please be quiet."

It really would have been more effective and straight to the point if I had walked over and said, "Shut the eff up!  You're old enough to sit your little ass in your seat and ride quietly for a few eff-ing stops!"

I don't like children who are assholes.  You don't ask them "Please" when they are being little eff-ers.  You TELL them to shut it.

But I decided, in the end, to not say anything... Even though my ears were killing me, and I'd had a crap day at work, and really needed some sleep and quiet...  

My stop was coming up, and if anyone should say anything to the little jerk, it should really be the other passengers who had to continue riding the train.  No need for me to be an "asshole" right back to him and run.

Comments

Popular Posts